Tigard Home Sales Statistics for January 2011
single family homes
The average sold price is $300,580. This is a decrease of 2.5% from a year ago.
- The average median price is $295,000. This is a increase of .5% from a year ago.
- The average days on market is 154. This is a decrease (improvement) of .5%.
- Active listing are down 28.7% from a year ago.
- The total number of homes sold, 28, is a decrease of 33% from a year ago.
- There were 12 short sales and foreclosures. This represents 42% of the total homes sold.
- Only 2 homes over $400,000 were sold in Tigard this month.
All information is deemed accurate, but is not guaranteed.
- Now is a great time to buy because there are some real values in housing available now, but don’t buy if you expect to move within 5 years. Prices are going to stay flat or slightly decrease for a while. If the time is right for you or your family to buy a home, do it. Don’t try to play the market.
- If you are a Seller, don’t sell unless you have to. You are going to get beat up in this market. If you must sell, price your home right when you put it up for sale, and make sure your home sparkles. It has to stand out from all the other homes on the market.
- If you are an investor, now is the time to buy because you can find properties where the rental income will cover the mortgage payment. When this recession is over, these bargains will disappear. Take advantage of this unique situation.
- The real estate market is not going to improve until the unemployment rate goes down. Buyers need jobs!
Here are some recent articles I have written about the real estate market:
Wayne Pruner is a Realtor in Tigard Oregon. I am ready to help you save money when you buy or sell your home. My direct phone number is 503-891-0795 and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org.