Tigard Home Sales
single family homes
Tigard home sales seem to be lagging the Portland market. I read in the Oregonian a few days ago that the Portland market was seeing appreciation in the 5% range. The average Tigard single-family home sales price for the first 10 months of 2012 is virtually identical to the average single-family home sales price for the first 10 months of 2011. All real estate markets are local, and my data indicates that Tigard is lagging behind the Portland market. Tigard home sales are not dropping, and this is good news, any buyer sitting on the fence waiting for values to quit dropping should jump into the market now.
The Tigard home sales data for the month of October 2012 is mixed compared to the same month in 2011.
- Average sales price down 5.7%.
- The average medium price is up 6%.
- The number of single-family homes sold is up 9%.
All figures are deemed accurate but are not guaranteed.
Since President Obama has been elected to a second term and does not have to worry about a third term, there are three things he can do to improve the national housing market.
- Encourage the large banks to loosen their credit standards. Interest rates are at all time record lows, however, people are not able to qualify for loans.
- Extend the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act of 2007, which is set to expire at the end of the year.
- Temporarily loosen the standards for opening small banks that are responsive to the local community needs of small businesses and homeowners. If the banking lobby screams, you know you are on the right track.
Wayne Pruner is a Realtor in Tigard Oregon. I am ready to help you save money when you buy or sell your home. I know the Tigard Oregon real estate market and I have been tracking housing data for years. You will only get straight answers and great advice from me. My direct phone number is 503-891-0795 and my email is email@example.com.
Licensed in the State of Oregon